3 Days / 2 Nights – Zanzibar Beach Holiday
Day 1: Zanzibar arrival
You will be picked up upon your arrival at Zanzibar Airport with our representative and transferred to Stone Town. You will spend the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight on Bed and Breakfast at Tembo Hotel – Prime room
Historical Stone Town Tour – 3 Hours
This is a wonderful introduction to Zanzibar and gives you a feeling of the rich cultural heritage. One gets a comprehensive view, history and walk of the Stone Town magnificent architecture, narrow alleys, sand and stone ancient built houses where some of them are over 200 years old and have Arab/Indian carved doors.
The tour starts at the main city market which was opened in 1904, where tropical fruits, vegetables, spice and fresh fish from the island are sold. Our nest stop is the Anglican Church of Christ which was built by Bishop Steers in 1873 on the site where slaves used to be auctioned.
Other highlights on the historical stone town tour are visit to:
- Sultan’s Palace Museum – Built in the late 1890’s for members of the sultan’s family
- House of Wonders – Built in 1883 as a Royal Ceremonial Function Palace
- The African House – Formerly the English Club
- Forodhani Park – Where you can spend your evenings leisurely watching the brilliant sunset while sipping freshly squeezed sugarcane juice or enjoy charcoal barbeque and locally made dishes
- The Old Fort – Built by Arabs for defence against Portuguese
Day 2: Zanzibar, Stone Town to Nungwi
Today you will enjoy the Stone Town Tour in the morning and spice tour in the afternoon.
Lunch on own accounts.
Dinner and overnight at Mnarani Beach Cottages – Standard Sea view
Spice Tour – 3 Hours
In the afternoon, you will start your drive to the Northern park of the island, Nungwi, doing an Spice Tour on route. Its primary objectives is to give you a complete picture as to why this beautiful island is know as “The Spice Island”
Our tour starts with a drive through a profusion of greenery in the countryside seeing, smelling and tasting a variety of spices and mouth-watering tropical seasonal fruits such as jack fruit, pineapple, banana, green coconut juice, durian, love apple, litchi, soursop, etc. Spices such as cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, nutmeg – are as exotic as their flavor etc.
A full tour involves much more than a spices and you will also have a chance to se the iodine plant, henna bush, ylang-ylang, the lipstick tree, cocoa an coffee beans trees.
The tour also includes a visit to:
- Kidichi Persian Baths – built in 1850’s by Seyyid Said bin Sultan for his Persian wife Princess Sheherezade granddaughter of the Shah of Persia.
- Maruhubi Palace Ruins – built by the third Sultan of Zanzibar SeyyidBarghash for his 99 concubines
- Dr Livingstone House – Built in 1860 for Sultan Majid. Dr Livingstone lived here before commencing on his last journey to the mainland interior.
Day 3: Zanzibar, Nungwi and departure from Stone Town
At the agreed time, you will be picked up from the hotel and transfer to Zanzibar Airport for your flight.
Price Per Person From USD 600
Based on a group of 2 people and above
- Ground transfer with English – speaking driver
- Meals and accommodation as per itinerary
- Executions as per itinerary
- Personal items (e.g. cameras, visa travel insurance)
- Beverages not mentioned in itinerary
- Other service which are not included